Monday, July 11, 2011

Episode Four - Hip To (Not) Be Square

For this week's podcast, we liberated cities, befriended innumerable allies, and banished the forces of darkness from every land to shed some light on our favorite SNES RPGs not made by Square! When it comes to RPGs on the SNES, Square-developed games usually come to mind, and for good reason! However, there is a wealth of quality titles made by other companies that deserve a closer look, so we hope this episode will bring back fond memories for some and lead to the discovery of new favorites for others.        

Music Featured In This Episode:
Title Screen - ActRaiser - SNES
Lonely Town - Soul Blazer - SNES
Title Screen - Breath of Fire - SNES
Ruins - Brandish - SNES
Onett - Earthbound - SNES
Thunder (Revolt) - Ogre Battle - SNES
Rococo Town - Robotrek - SNES
Overworld - Terranigma - SNES
Eight Melodies - Earthbound - SNES

Podcast Available At:

http://mothershabooboo.com/ken/WVITC4.mp3

2 comments:

  1. Had fun listening to this one (and the rest of them, too). I played almost all these games back in the day and enjoyed them for the most part. Soul Blazer and the original BOG are still two of my favorite SNES games. I don't know if you guys have heard of or played Paladin's Quest, but that's another good one you didn't mention.

    Anyway yeah, just discovered the podcast and I think it's great. There aren't nearly enough retro/classic game podcasts out there and I'm looking forward to future episodes.

    I have a suggestion for a topic, too.. a Game Boy episode. ^_^ It's one of the few systems I have/collect for, and I'm always looking for game suggestions. It's got a heavy nostalgia factor for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind words! We're really happy to hear that you're enjoying the episodes so far.

    I think I rented Paladin's Quest once long ago but forgot to mention it in the podcast. I'll definitely give it another look though, thanks for the recommendation!

    As for the Game Boy, that's a system full of interesting games and it'd be perfect to have an episode devoted to it in the future. It even looks like the game "For The Frog The Bell Tolls" just got translated into English recently too, so there's plenty of great stuff to (re)discover there.

    ReplyDelete